Today’s photo comes from the front page of the Cleveland Plain Dealer. In case you’ve been living under a rock, the NFL Draft was last night (the first round that is) and the Browns were VERY busy. They started the night owning the #4 pick which they promptly traded to Buffalo for the #9 pick a two picks in next year’s draft. They then traded up to #8 and selected Justin Gilbert. And they were just getting started.
Johnny Manziel (known as Johnny Football) was touted by some experts as the #1 pick in the draft. He slid all the way to #22 when the Browns (after some more wheeling and dealing) snagged him. This AM’s Plain Dealer told an interesting story. Manziel, who’d slid WAY down below where many thought he would be was the headliner and Gilbert (the best corner in the draft) was a mere afterthought.
What did you think of the Browns draft? How do you think Manziel will fare in Cleveland?
Here’s a couple of… interesting… pieces I found from around the web:
– Browns Fuck Up Announcement Of Johnny Manziel Pick, Naturally
– Browns Fans Love “Cocky Asshole” Johnny Manziel
– Johnny Football Learns a Little Humility
– Twitter reacts to Cleveland Browns drafting Johnny Manziel
– Nike Football Releases Johnny Manziel Ad That Focuses on His ‘Something Else’
– Even the NFL Is Mocking Johnny Manziel’s Draft Fall
The draft continues through the weekend but I can’t imagine it will be quite as interesting or headline grabbing. Love him or hate him he’ll be a Brown this fall. And then it’s time to see if “Johnny Football” can live up to his name.
That’s Cleveland Baby!!!